Trick to Change your Default Search Engine in Mozilla Firefox
Recently, I had installed Facemoods for Facebook chat and their Search Engine Facemoods Search automatically installed on my laptop. It also replaced my default Search Engine i.e Google. Now whenever I search using the address bar of firefox it automatically open the results with Facemood search engine instead of Google. I even uninstalled facemood but with no gain.So here is the trick to set Google or Yahoo or Bing as your default search engine for address bar search in Firefox. Firefox doesn’t give option to change search engines for address bar.For this you have make changes in it’sconfiguration file.
Trick to Change your Default Search Engine in Mozilla Firefox:-
1. Open your web browser and in the address bar type about:config (better to copy/paste it) and a window will open. Click on I will be Careful, I Promise button.
2. A very Geek type page will open. Don’t panic just type keyword.url in the Filter Box(See screenshot below). Right Click on the keyword.url and select Modify option.
3. Now it will ask you Enter String Value:-
For Google: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=
For Bing: http://www.bing.com/results.aspx?q=
For Yahoo: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=
4. Enter any of the above Url’s to set Default Search Engine and Click OK. In the screenshot below I have entered Url for Google
5. Restart (Close and open) your browser and you will see Google as your Search Engine. Remember this trick will only work for Mozilla Firefox.