If you want to protect your data using password then you can read my post on Axcrypt:Free Encryption Software or Bitlocker Encryption utility
In this tutorial we will protect our data first placing it in an invisible folder and then hiding it so that no one can even accidentaly open that folder.So this will provide you with two level security.
How To Create A Folder Without Name In Windows 7 And Vista?
- Click on Start Button in taskbar
- Search For Character Map
- Open character Map and click on the blank Coloumn
- Now Click on Select Button and then on Copy Button(Now you have copied a blank Space)
- Create a New folder and Rename it and press Ctrl+V keys from keyboard.
How To Create An Invisible Folder In Windows 7 And Vista?
- Right click on the folder that you have created without name in the previous step.
- Click on Properties>>Customise>>Change Icon
- Now will get a popup windows with various icon.Select the blank Icon
4. Press Ok
By this time you have created an Invisible folder with no logo and no name.
Move all of your private data in this invisible folder.
How To Hide the Invisible Folder In Windows 7 And Vista?
- Right Click on the Invisible Folder
- Select Properties and now select the Hidden Checkbox.
How To Open This Hidden folder?
1.First Make Your Hidden Files,folders visible from folders options in control panel.You can get a hint on how to do it by clicking here
2.Now go to the drive (location) of your computer where you have created the folder without name and icon.Now press Ctrl+A your folder will get highlighted.
Just open it.